149th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade Past Commanders

Headquarters and Headquarters Company of the 149th Infantry Regimental Combat Team was created after World War II in St. Matthews. It received federal recognition on 25 September 1946. It has been reorganized several times since then but a military unit of some type has been organized in Louisville since 1839 with the formation of the Louisville Legion or Louisville Guards. XXIII Corps Artillery, first established in Lexington 22 November 1953, was reorganized into the 149th Separate Armored Brigade on 31 October 1980.‚Äč